If you’re dissatisfied with the appearance of your dermal fillers, we have the right solution for you. We use the cutting-edge Hylenex as a filler dissolver to refine, optimize, or completely remove your hyaluronic acid fillers with a few simple injections.
Remove Old & Misplaced Fillers
You may need to optimize or refine the results of your dermal fillers for numerous reasons. Perhaps you’re unhappy with the outcome or suffer from lumps under your skin, or your injector didn’t calibrate the fillers to your specific needs, leading to an “overfilled” or “plastic” appearance. The Med Spa of New Smyrna Beach uses Hylenex, an endoglycosidase that can dissolve the hyaluronic acid molecules in your skin to refine the results.
How Filler Dissolvers Work
Filler dissolvers, such as Hylenex, break down the hyaluronic acid molecules in dermal fillers. The dissolver is injected directly into the treatment area, which binds to the filler molecules and causes them to break down and be absorbed by the body. The treatment is relatively quick, with minimal discomfort and little to no downtime, making it a popular option for those looking to remove or correct unwanted fillers.
Benefits of Filler Dissolvers:
- Minimally invasive and non-surgical treatment
- Quick and relatively painless procedure
- Minimal side effects and no downtime
- Performed in an office setting
- Provides a natural and refreshed look
- Allows for adjustments to be made to previous filler treatments
Reasons For Filler Dissolvers:
- Correct or remove unwanted or poorly placed filler
- Dissolve over-filling or uneven distribution of filler
- Reduce the appearance of “duck lips” or puffiness under the eyes
- Remove lumps and bumps under the skin
- Restore a natural look and feel to the face
- Address any complications or side effects from previous filler treatments
- Adjust the shape or size of lips or cheeks
- Improve symmetry in facial features
- Correct bluish discoloration, also known as the Tyndall effect
- Correct vascular complications linked to hyaluronic acid fillers injected into blood vessels
Filler Dissolver FAQs
Which types of fillers can a filler dissolver help with?
Filler dissolvers can only help with hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers, such as Juvéderm and Restylane. They’re not suitable for Sculptra or Radiesse.
What are the side effects of filler dissolvers?
The most common side effects of filler dissolvers are mild swelling, redness, and tenderness at the injection site. These typically subside within a few days.
Is there any downtime after the filler dissolvers?
There is minimal downtime after a filler dissolver, and most people can return to normal activities immediately. However, it’s advisable to avoid strenuous activities, sun exposure, and alcohol consumption for 24 hours after the procedure to minimize the risk of side effects.
When will I see the results of filler dissolvers?
The results of the filler dissolver can be seen within 24 hours after the treatment.
Experience. Trust. Results.
The Med Spa of New Smyrna Beach is a luxurious medical spa specializing in cutting-edge aesthetic treatments. We specialize in filler injections that address cosmetic goals without unwanted side effects or overfilling. However, if you’re dissatisfied with the results of a previous filler from a less experienced provider, we can offer Hylenex injections to reduce, soften, contour, or remove the filler. Please schedule an appointment to refine your features.